Para la versión en español haga clic aquí
Enrollment Requirements for School Year 2017-2018
All students (NEW and RETURNING) must provide/complete the following documents in order to complete the enrollment process by the deadline given in your offer letter/email/phone call:
- 2017-2018 Capital City Online Enrollment Form (instructions will be sent directly to families)
- Proof of DC Residency. Proof of residency must be turned in, in person at the school. Click here to view the Residency Verification Guidelines.
- DC Child Physical & Oral Health Certificates
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application, available July 2017
In addition to the above documents, NEW students must provide/complete the following documents to complete the enrollment process:
- My School DC Enrollment Form
- Student’s Original Birth Certificate (half- or full-page only). A wallet-sized document, for example, will not be accepted.
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Copy of student records from prior school.
- Students are required to provide copies of report cards for the current and past school year. Students applying for high school grades must also provide an official school transcript. A student’s final acceptance into Capital City High School is contingent upon a favorable review of their final transcript by our School Registrar. The transcript review will determine the appropriate grade level and course placement. If a student does not meet the requirements for the grade level that they were accepted for, they may be placed back on our waiting list for the appropriate grade level. Capital City does not accept “D’s” as a passing grade. The final report card and transcript for the year must be provided by June 26th, 2017. The final progress report for the school year must show completion of the previous grade or be accompanied with a letter from the school stating your child successfully completed the grade. Your child’s grade level placement at Capital City is not guaranteed until this documentation is received.
Additional Enrollment Requirements for Middle School and High School Students
- Eagle Camp for Middle School Students: All incoming Middle School students (including rising 5th graders from our Lower School) are required to attend Eagle Camp from July 24-26, 2017 from 9:00am-3:00pm.
- Summer Orientation for High School Students: It is mandatory for all incoming High School students (including rising 9th graders from our Middle School) to successfully complete Capital City 101, a summer seminar for new Capital City High School students, from July 5-28, 2017 from 9:00am-12:15pm. (Students who sign up for SYEP should choose Capital City as their employer.)
- Conference with Student’s Advisor/Teacher: You will be contacted to schedule a time to meet with your student’s advisor/teacher. This meeting is mandatory for both the student and the parent/guardian.
All families (new and returning) must come to school during regular school hours to bring proof of residency and other required paperwork. Additionally, we will have extended office hours until 6:30 pm on the following days:
- Monday, April 10, 2017
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- Thursday, April 13, 2017
- Monday, April 24, 2017
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
We will also accept paperwork on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 10am-3pm.
Note: Capital City will be closed on Monday, April 17, 2017 in observance of Emancipation Day.
Please revise the following documents:
Capital City Parent Contract and Agreements
Capital City Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy