Capital City is searching for its next Head of School!
After more than two decades of service, Karen Dresden will retire as Head of School from Capital City in June 2023. With a deeply dedicated search committee, an expert search firm, and the diverse voices of our community, we are confident that together we will find the next leader to realize Capital City's mission and propel the school forward.
- Read this announcement from Karen Dresden and Nitika Tolani, Board and Search Committee Chair.
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH THE SEARCH
Throughout the process, we will provide transparency by updating this webpage, frequently communicating, and offering many opportunities for feedback.
- Please send all nominations and applications to: CapCityHoS@storbecksearch.com
- For all other inquiries, please reach us at: HoSTransition@ccpcs.org
Read these updates:
Letter from Search Committee Chair, Nitika Tolani (August 23, 2022)
GET TO KNOW THE SEARCH COMMITTEE
Our deeply dedicated Search Committee includes a Capital City co-founder, parents, and alumni. Read about committee members below. Please send questions, feedback or suggestions for candidates to HoSTransition@ccpcs.org.
GET TO KNOW THE SEARCH FIRM
To assist with the process, the Search Committee retained Lois Mufuka Martin and Pete Gillin of Diversified Search Group, a leading executive search firm with specific expertise in schools. Please send all nominations and applications to CapCityHoS@storbecksearch.com.
The Search Committee and Search Firm will gather input from diverse voices to build a strong candidate pool that results in a deeply committed, mission-driven Head of School.
- July-August: Gather input from key stakeholders including listening sessions with teachers, staff, families, and students
- September: Finalize initial candidate pool
- October - November: Interview candidates
- December: Host finalists at Capital City
- January: Select new Head of School!
Once selected, Karen Dresden will help support and onboard the new Head of School to ensure a smooth and successful transition.
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!