Enrollment Process and Support
The period to complete enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year for both new and returning students is Monday, April 4 to Monday, May 2.
Documents can be submitted in person, online or through email.
Enrollment Café: We will have on-site office hours available for families Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. You can also call the Family Engagement Team at 202-570-4312 to schedule an appointment. Click here to view the calendar.
All students (NEW and RETURNING) must provide/complete the following documents by May 2, 2022 in order to complete enrollment.
Step 1: Capital City Online Enrollment or Re-enrollment Form (instructions will be sent via email to families no later than Monday, April 4, 2022). View a sample of the form here.
Step 2: Proof of DC Residency. All families (new and returning) must provide proof of DC residency. Click here to learn what documents you can submit to show you are a DC resident. Once your documents are approved, we will email you the DC Residency Verification Form (DCRV) form for you to sign via Docusign.
Step 3: Submit other required documents
For RETURNING and NEW Families:
- Students must have an up-to-date Universal Health Certificate (signed by a medical professional) and immunization record. Important: Up-to-date immunizations, including the COVID-19 vaccine with full FDA approvals for certain age groups, are required by law for in-person instruction for the 2022-23 school year.
- Students must have an up-to-date Oral Health Assessment (signed by a dental health professional)
- COVID-19 Testing Consent Form for SY22-23
- 2022-2023 Free/Reduced Lunch Eligibility Form (available in the summer)
In addition to the above documents, NEW families must provide/complete the following documents to complete the enrollment process:
- Student's Original Birth Certificate (half- or full-page only). A wallet-sized document, for example, will not be accepted.
- Home Language Survey if students are new to DC schools.
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Copy of the following student records from prior school:
- 2020-2021 Final Report Card
2021-2022 First Semester Report Card
2021-2022 Final Report Card (Due June 30)
Additional Enrollment Information for Students
- Summer Pre-K Playdates (OPTIONAL): We will offer playdates in the summer at Capital City’s playground for Pre-K children to meet their classmates and teachers. Dates and times will be shared with PreK families in the summer. While these sessions are optional, they are encouraged to help students get acclimated to their new school environment.
- Eagle Camp for Middle School Students (Required): All incoming Middle School students (including rising 5th graders from our Lower School) are required to attend our in-person Eagle Camp on July 25, 26, and 27, 9am to 3pm.
- New Student Orientation (NSO) for High School Students (Required): It is mandatory for all incoming High School students (including rising 9th graders from our Middle School) to successfully complete Capital City 101, a summer seminar for new Capital City High School students from July 5-29, 9am to 12pm. (Students who sign up for SYEP should choose Capital City as their employer.)
- Conference with Student’s Advisor/Teacher: Before school starts, you will be contacted to schedule a time to meet with your student’s advisor/teacher. This meeting is mandatory for both the student and the parent/guardian.
For support with enrolling your student, please contact our Family Engagement Team:
Please review the following documents:
Top photo of Capital City students courtesy of Allison Shelley/The Verbatim Agency for American Education: Images of Teachers and Students in Action