All students (NEW and RETURNING) must provide/complete the following documents in order to complete the enrollment process by the deadline given in your offer letter/email/phone call:
- Capital City Online Enrollment Form (instructions will be sent via email to families on April 2, 2019)
- Proof of DC Residency. Proof of residency must be turned in, in person at the school. Click here to view the Residency Verification Guidelines.
- DC Universal Health Certificate and Oral Health Assessment
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application (Available July 1)
In addition to the above documents, NEW students must provide/complete the following documents to complete the enrollment process:
- My School DC Seat Acceptance Form
- Student's Original Birth Certificate (half- or full-page only). A wallet-sized document, for example, will not be accepted.
- Home Language survey
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Copy of the following student records from prior school:
- 2017-2018 Final Report Card
- 2018-2019 First Semester Report Card
- 2018-2019 Final Report Card (Due June 28)
- 2018-2019 Official School Transcript- For students entering 10th-12th grade (Due June 28)
- Students are required to provide copies of report cards for the current and past school year. A student’s final acceptance into Capital City High School is contingent upon a favorable review of their final transcript by our School Registrar. The transcript review will determine the appropriate grade level and course placement. If a student does not meet the requirements for the grade level that they were accepted for, they may be placed back on our waiting list for the appropriate grade level. Capital City does not accept “D’s” as a passing grade. The final progress report for the school year must show completion of the previous grade or be accompanied with a letter from the school stating your child successfully completed the grade. Your child’s grade level placement at Capital City is not guaranteed until this documentation is received.
Additional Enrollment Requirements for Middle School and High School Students
- Eagle Camp for Middle School Students: All incoming Middle School students (including rising 5th graders from our Lower School) are required to attend Eagle Camp July 22 - July 24.
- New Student Orientation(NSO) for High School Students: It is mandatory for all incoming High School students (including rising 9th graders from our Middle School) to successfully complete Capital City 101, a summer seminar for new Capital City High School students July 8 - July 26 from 9am - noon. (Students who sign up for SYEP should choose Capital City as their employer.)
- Conference with Student’s Advisor/Teacher: You will be contacted to schedule a time to meet with your student’s advisor/teacher. This meeting is mandatory for both the student and the parent/guardian.
Please review the following documents:
- Capital City Parent Contract and Agreements
- Capital City Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Early Childhood Transition Plan
Top photo of Capital City students courtesy of Allison Shelley/The Verbatim Agency for American Education: Images of Teachers and Students in Action