All students (NEW and RETURNING) must provide/complete the following documents in order to complete the enrollment.
- Capital City Online Enrollment or Re-enrollment Form: Instructions will be sent via email to families early April 2022. View a sample of the form here.
- Proof of DC Residency: All families will be contacted directly by email during enrollment to explain how a family’s proof of residency can be presented electronically. Once reviewed, families will be directed to sign the DC Residency Verification form via DocuSign.
In addition to the above documents, NEW students must provide/complete the following documents to complete the enrollment process:
- Student's Original Birth Certificate (half- or full-page only). A wallet-sized document, for example, will not be accepted.
- Home Language Survey if students are new to DC schools. This request will come as part of the final step in proving residency.
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Copy of the following student records from prior school:
- 2019-2020 Final Report Card
2020-2021 First Semester Report Card
2020-2021 Final Report Card (Due June 30)
Phase II of the document collection is for ALL new and returning students.
Additional Enrollment Requirements for Middle School and High School Students
- Eagle Camp for Middle School Students: All incoming Middle School students (including rising 5th graders from our Lower School) are required to attend Eagle Camp.
- New Student Orientation(NSO) for High School Students: It is mandatory for all incoming High School students (including rising 9th graders from our Middle School) to successfully complete Capital City 101, a summer seminar for new Capital City High School students (Students who sign up for SYEP should choose Capital City as their employer.)
- Conference with Student’s Advisor/Teacher: You will be contacted to schedule a time to meet with your student’s advisor/teacher. This meeting is mandatory for both the student and the parent/guardian.
Please review the following documents:
Top photo of Capital City students courtesy of Allison Shelley/The Verbatim Agency for American Education: Images of Teachers and Students in Action