Re-enrollment: Click here for detailed enrollment instructions and contact information.
New enrollment: Click here for detailed enrollment instructions and contact information.
All students (NEW and RETURNING) must provide/complete the following documents in order to complete the enrollment.
- Capital City Online Enrollment or Re-enrollment Form: Instructions will be sent via email to families on Tuesday, April 6, 2021. View a sample of the form here.
- Proof of DC Residency: All families will be contacted directly by email on April 6, 2021 to explain how a family’s proof of residency can be presented electronically. Once reviewed, families will be directed to sign the DC Residency Verification form via DocuSign.
In addition to the above documents, NEW students must provide/complete the following documents to complete the enrollment process:
- Student's Original Birth Certificate (half- or full-page only). A wallet-sized document, for example, will not be accepted.
- Home Language Survey if students are new to DC schools. This request will come as part of the final step in proving residency.
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Copy of the following student records from prior school:
- 2019-2020 Final Report Card
2020-2021 First Semester Report Card
2020-2021 Final Report Card (Due June 30)
Phase II of the document collection is for ALL new and returning students.
- DC Universal Health Certificate and Oral Health Assessment: We will not collect health records during the month of April. Look for an updated timeline and submission guidelines later this spring. It is possible that we will be required to collect additional health and immunization information.
ALERT: Up-to-date immunizations are required by law for in-person instruction.
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application: Available approximately July 1st.
Additional Enrollment Requirements for Middle School and High School Students
- Eagle Camp for Middle School Students: All incoming Middle School students (including rising 5th graders from our Lower School) are required to attend Eagle Camp on July 26, 27 and 28. Eagle camp on July 26 and 27 will be virtual from 9am-3pm and July 28 will be virtual from 9-10:30am and in-person from 1-3pm. (Lunch will not be provided on the in-person day).
- New Student Orientation(NSO) for High School Students: It is mandatory for all incoming High School students (including rising 9th graders from our Middle School) to successfully complete Capital City 101, a summer seminar for new Capital City High School students from July 6 - July 30 (weekly 4-days will be virtual and 1 day in-person) from 9am - 12pm. (Students who sign up for SYEP should choose Capital City as their employer.)
- Conference with Student’s Advisor/Teacher: You will be contacted to schedule a time to meet with your student’s advisor/teacher. This meeting is mandatory for both the student and the parent/guardian.
Please review the following documents:
Top photo of Capital City students courtesy of Allison Shelley/The Verbatim Agency for American Education: Images of Teachers and Students in Action