About Our School
Capital City moved to our state-of-the art facility in August 2012. It is located at 100 Peabody Street, NW in Ward 4, about a mile from the Fort Totten and Takoma metro stations. Several bus routes also serve the neighborhood. Highlights of our school include:
- The facility houses all PK-12th grades under one roof. We have developed distinct Lower, Middle, and High School programs, each with its own identity and space as well as principal and staff.
- The move to Rabaut provided us with room to expand our elementary program to serve two classes per grade in keeping with our original charter and to add a program for three-year-olds to begin serving students earlier.
- The Rabaut Campus is set on seven acres of land and abuts historic Fort Slocum Park, an ideal setting for our EL Education program. Expeditions have been significantly enhanced by our access to green space.
- The Rabaut Campus has the capacity to support our arts and fitness programs that are so critical to our school’s mission, including a multi-functional theatre, a full-sized gymnasium, outdoor courts, mini-soccer pitch, and playing fields.
2017-2018 Open Houses for Prospective Families
Come see Capital City in action! We offer tours and information sessions and reserve time to have questions answered by Capital City staff, parents, and students.
Open Houses will be held from November through February for interested families. Each open house will be held from 9:00 – 10:30AM and will begin promptly at 9:00AM.
- Thursday, November 9 – High School Only (grades 9-12)
- Thursday, December 14 – All School (grades PK3-12)
- Thursday, January 11 – All School (grades PK3-12)
- Thursday, February 8 – Lower School and Middle School Only (grades PK3-8)